“Information” Collection and Retention
- We collect information that you provide directly to us, including information that you provide when you register for the Website. Information we request may include, without limitation, name, email address, date of birth or other information. We need this information to verify our right to permit your use of this site, based upon your age and applicable law, to provide products, services or information you request, to contact you in connection therewith, or as further described herein. We may retain this information for other uses as more fully set forth below;
- We collect information related to your submission of orders or other submitted requests, including information necessary to bill you and to administer and deliver to you any products or activate any services purchased or licensed, as applicable, through this Website;
- We may record log data in connection with your use of the Website, including information from your device, its software and your activity on the Website;
- We may use “cookies” or other persistent identifiers to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to or use of the Website. Your web browser can be set to notify you when a cookie is received so that you may choose whether to accept it. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
We may retain Information related to you for as long as your account is active or as needed to deliver products or provide you services through the Website. We may retain and use Information related to you as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Personally Identifying Information
Our Use of Collected Information
In addition to the foregoing, we may use Information, including but not limited to PII, to:
- Help to establish and verify the identity of users;
- Create, maintain, administer and service users’ accounts;
- Deliver products and provide services and support to users;
- Process authorized transactions and communicate with you about these transactions;
- Analyze the use of and improve our Website, including tailoring it to users’ preferences;
- Provide users with product or service updates and other important notices;
- Respond to your questions inquiries, comments and instructions;
- Maintain, evaluate, and improve the security and integrity of our systems, including detection of potential fraud;
- Communicate with you about promotions you may enter on our websites;
- Provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications;
- Send you information about our products, special offers and promotions, if you request that we send you such information;
- Obtain professional advice regarding our obligations or rights.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
3. Contact forms
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
5. Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.